Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Pecan Praline Cake with butter sauce

The only cake I will ever make from now on!
Pecan Praline cake with Pecan butter sauce.  Pinterest I love you!
Now, the second time I made it, I did double the sauce recipe.  Don't judge!  You see I did use one fat free can of sweetened condensed milk.  Next time, I will try only fat free.
 May I first introduce you to the sauce!  Only three ingredients needed.  Butter, pecans and sweetened condensed milk.

 May I also introduce you to my new mixer.  Sunbeam from Target, small, easy to store out of sight.  The price is right at $35 !!!  

Does anyone know what those curly, swirly attachments do?
 Yes, you can thank me now.   And yes, licking the plate is allowed, in the privacy of your home of course.  The recipe is below.  

Pinterest link here, The Country Cook

The cake

1 box of butter pecan cake mix
(the first store I tried did not have this flavor, I used yellow butter cake mix.  Most of the family likes the yellow butter cake best)
1 tub of coconut pecan frosting mix
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup water
4 eggs
1/2 cup chopped pecans 
(or more if you are from Louisiana, just saying)

The sauce

1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup chopped pecans
(or more if you like pecans, just saying)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Butter or use cooking spray on a 9 x 13 pan
With a mixer, combine all cake ingredients, but save the pecans.  (yes, the frosting goes in the cake mix) Add pecans once your batter is completely mixed. Pour into your prepared pan.

Bake for 30-40 minutes, till the center is done.

Meanwhile...

In a saucepan, combine all sauce ingredients and stir.  I do not let it boil.  Just warm all the way through.
You may pour over the entire baked cake or by the spoonful, one piece at a time. 

I do refrigerate any leftover sauce.  I heat a slice of cake for 10 seconds in the microwave, re-warm the sauce  and drizzle over the top until the piece of cake is swimming in a little puddle of goodness.  You may use your own judegment.








6 comments:

  1. You convinced me! I'm going to make this for Easter. Did you eat it warm? Is it delicious if it's not warm?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is best warm, 10-15 seconds in the microwave is perfect. Everyone will love you even more!

      Delete
  2. Looks good! Have fun with the new mixer and whip up some bread with the squiggly hooks:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saved this to my files to try it. I am going to make this the next time the kids are here.
    You do mean that you mix the pecan frosting mix right in with the cake mix, right?
    YUM! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Almost like a bread pudding sauce, which is one of my favorites! I have pecans in the freezer I picked out this past fall. Perfect timing!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...