Monday, November 23, 2015

The beginning of our Paris trip

Now, I feel like I can show some of the beginning of our Paris trip.  Let's just say it was fabulous.  Hubby and I went in a day early before the rest of our group of 12 friends.  In hindsight, we were so glad we did, since we had to cut the trip short on the way home.

 We dropped our bags off at our hotel and headed out, making sure not to nap from jetlag or we would never wake up!  The love locks have been removed from this bridge, the wieght was becoming too heavy for the old bridge.  They have left sections walking up to the brige. 
We walked past the Louvre on our way to Angelina's for a late lunch.
 And when a Parisien tells you it will take 15 minutes to walk somewhere, in English that means 30 minutes.  Because, they live there and don't stop to take pictures at every turn.
 Hubby being a trooper!  Waiting for me while I was in the gift shop.
 Now I wish I had brought a bottle of hot chocolate home with me.  They do have an online shop!
Our afternoon walk, which thankfully burned all the calories we consumed at lunch, was gorgeous!


I purposely bought concert tickets for a four piece string group at St. Chappelle, just a few blocks from Notre Dame.  I was a bit disappointed that the stained glass windows were not lit from outside to show the colors.  But still even dark at night they were still a sight to see.  I knew attending a concert at 7PM would help to keep us awake.  Small world moment, probably 75 people at the concert and sitting right next to us another family from the Dallas area!  
Our walk home at night was amazing too. 
Up next, our morning walk and Notre Dame and those St. Chappelle windows with sunshine!  Then we headed to check in on our Seine cruise longboat. 

2 comments:

  1. St. Chappelle, I think one of my favorite spots in Paris. I am so glad you had time before you sailed ~ we went on a river cruise this fall also, and going in early helps with the jet lag too.
    Looking forward to the rest of your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you were able to go a day early, too. What a beautiful place to visit..and hubby looks quite content waiting for you. What a wonderful trip you had! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...